Sunday 23 April 2017

Summative Position Statement

Currently I am at a turning point in my creative career. For the past three years I have explored digital image making, using elements like lighting, colour and cinematic composition to build an atmosphere, in a contemporary and highly illustrative way. 

However, my graphic design background prior to starting the course, and my ever increasing interest in design as a whole has shaped my direction for future areas of exploration and career goals. 

Because of my interest within design processes, I feel I have struggled to maintain a visual consistency within my outcomes that do not merge into one portfolio. My aim for the near future is to build a consistent portfolio of commercial design work that utilises both illustrative and graphic processes, that would help me to work effectively for design agencies. 

Despite not using my Illustration degree to go down a traditional path, I have built a solid foundation for the rest of my creative career, through exploration of communicative and graphic processes that I can apply to a variety of platforms. I aim to utilise these skills in a way that make me more than a graphic designer, but still a relevant applicant for design roles within studios and agencies. 

Over summer I will be remaining in Leeds, working part time, yet continuing to develop my practice through live briefs/competitions and freelance projects. I aim to gain experience of networking and working within design studios, hopefully leading to a permanent role in Leeds or London. 

No comments:

Post a Comment